Wednesday 31 March 2010

A butterfly for a special person




The theme for this week over on Crafty Ann's Challenge blog is to make a card for someone special. I have made this card for my Auntie who will be 87 on the 16th April.
I stamped the fancy butterfly by creative expressions onto lilac card and embossed in gold. I sprayed the background with crafters companion spray and sparkle gold, but this doesn't show up very well in the photo. I then glittered the wing with cornflower blue glitter. I stamped the butterfly again on vellum and cut out the wings. I glittered with grape glitter on the wings and seashell glitter on the middle and antenna, I then stuck it on top of the original butterfly. The bp is from the arylicious damask delights cd rom. I added some flowers, brads and gems, some ribbon and a sentiment.
Thanks for looking.

12 comments:

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Janette, I love the butterfly.xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow Janette this is so gorgeous. A lot of work has gone into this I can see. Your aunt and my husband share the same birthday but she is twenty years older bless her. Cathy xxxx

Ann Whitfield said...

Absolutely gorgeous Janette - I love that stamp and you've given it a life of it's own. Your aunt will adore it.
Ann x

Pretty-In-Ink said...

Wow! That's stunning janette! I love your beautiful butterfly! xx

Beryl said...

Wow - this is fantastic Janette. I love the way you've done so many layers to that gorgeous butterfly stamp and the bp is lovely. I really should get the cd out of it's box.
Thank you for joining in Crafty Ann's challenge.
Beryl xx

Claire said...

Wow Janette, what a stunner - a special card for a special person

Claire xx

Anne said...

Love your butterfly and such soft colours. Thanks for popping into Crafty Ann's. Hugs x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Janette what a beauty this is I have always loved this stamp I used to enjoy it being demo'd by Jane Nesterenko on C&C and you have done a wonderful job with it the glittering and stamping on the vellum just ace...your Aunt will love this for sure thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Ann's
Hugs
Lorraine x

KraftyKoolKat said...

Hi again Janette, if you pop over to my blog there is something waiting for you. Cathy xxx

Janet said...

This is lovely, Janette. Beautiful butterfly and so well done!

Janet xx

iReneM said...

Oh my! this is beautiful, Janette.

A gorgeous card for Crafty Ann's challenge - thank you for sharing.

Irene(GD)
x

Chrissie said...

Such a beautiful card Janette, I'm sure your auntie will just love it.
Thanks for joining in with Crafty Ann's challenge.