Wednesday 7 April 2010

Fishing Penguin

This card is for this weeks Bah Humbug Challenge, the theme being Embossing. The Penguin and sentiment rubber stamps are both from Art Impressions. I coloured the hat, scarf, feet and beak with inktense pencils and the snow and ice with watercolour pencils, covered with stickles for the Christmassy sparkle, before sticking a tiny pompom on his hat. I used the circle nestability die and the cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder. The sentiment is stamped in green versacolour ink and embossed with clear powder. I used a Nellie Snellen oval die to cut this out and threaded lilac ribbon through the holes. I punched some little green fish and added some lilac buttons threaded with the same lilac ribbon.
The bp is from Artylicious seasons greetings, I do like this paper.
Thankyou for looking.

14 comments:

Anne said...

Great card Janette, the little penguin is so cute but pretty hopeless at fishing! The fish are not stupid as they're all swimming the opposite way! Hugs x

Max said...

What a fabulous card and a wonderful sentiment. Love all the details and the wee fish are a lovely finishing touch. Thanks for joining in with our challenge and good luck in the prize draw.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Beryl K said...

Wow Janette, I just love this. I'm really into penquins for Christmas cards, got quite a few stamps of them
Beryl x

Janette said...

Ha Anne that did make me laugh, I never noticed that. lol
Janette

Doreen said...

A great card Janette, I love all of your finishing touches.xxx

Irene said...

What a great card Janette. I love your stamped image your penguin is so cute. What a fabulous idea to put a green pom pom on his hat.

Thank you so much for entering our latest challange.

luv
irene
Bah!Humbug!

Janet said...

What a great card! I particularly like the button detail at the side and the colourscheme is wonderful!

Janet xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Janette this is a beauty I love that adorable image and your colours/design is fabulous

Hugs
Lorraine x

Annie said...

oh what a great sentiment echoed perfectly in the stamp. Just brilliant.
love your colour scheme.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Pat said...

Gorgeous card Janette, love the image he is so cute, colours are super too.

Pat xx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow Janette I love this so cute card. I love the image and the layout is super. Cathy xxxx

Ann Whitfield said...

Gorgeous Janette - I love these colours and that's a super image.
Ann x

Chrissie said...

What a gorgeous card Janette and that sentiment is just perfect with this image!

ElizabethR said...

I love this card Janette, purple is a fab colour for the penguins, and in my house I am still the Wii fit Penguin champion so it made me chuckle! Love Elizabeth xxx