Sunday 23 May 2010

Get Well Soon Mum

I have not been around for a while, because things have been busy in our family. My Mum has had a fall and fractured her pelvis. She is doing well, but is still in a lot of pain and it may be a few weeks before she can come home. When she does come home, it could take six to twelve weeks before she is able once again to go upstairs. It's a worry though, because at 89 a fall like this can be quite a shock.
My Mum's sister my Auntie has bee in hospital for the last three weeks and also my Auntie who lives in Wales is in hospital after a stroke.
I used this elusive images stamp to make this get well card for Mum.I stamped it four times and then coloured it with promarkers. I cut out layers to decoupage and then glazed the flowers. I used distress ink around the first layer.
Thankyou for looking in today.

9 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Janette sorry to hear about your mum and aunt I hope they both improve quickly. I am loving your card so much I have this stamp but it has never looked as beautiful as this I may just have to have another go and see if I can create something even a fraction as beautiful as this one.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Claire said...

Beautiful card Janette, love the gentle colours and the way you've layered the image. Perfect to cheer your mum up
claire xx

Beryl said...

Your mum will love this Janette. It's beautiful. Hope she gets much better soon. (and your aunties of course).
Beryl xx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous Janette,I hope your mum and aunts soon recover.Take care.xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Fantastic card Janette. I am so glad to see you posting as your non posting had not gone unnoticed by me. I have been worried about you but didn't know how to contact you other than your blog. I do hope Mum & Aunt are better soon. Cathy xxxx

ElizabethR said...

Janette it's a gorgeous card, your Mum will be over the moon when she receives this. Hope Mum and Aunties are doing well. Love and hugs Elizabeth xxx

Pat said...

Absolutely stunning card Janette, love the way you have decoupaged the stamp and the lovely pastel colours, beautiful twisted ribbon too. I'm sure your Mum will love this card.

Pat xx

Ujjwal said...

Hope your mum and your aunt get well real soon and are up on their feet!!

Wishes and prayers for them!!

Your card is very pretty. I loved the coloring and the soft colors!! I am sure your mum is start gonna feel better by 50% as soon as she sees this card :)

Take care

iReneM said...

Hi Janette
This beautiful card will cheer up your poor Mum no end.
My neighbour is 'in the same boat' as your Mum so I've had my work cut out looking after her, so my blog visits have been few and far between.
I'm glad I popped in to see this lovely card tho, and wish both your Mum and Auntie a speedy recovery

x